In your child's best interest! Mediation
Sept. 2, 2022
What is mediation?
If parents are unable to work together to resolve disputes involving their child, they may try mediation. A mediator is a trained neutral person who helps parents resolve disagreements about child-related issues.
What are the benefits of mediation?
Mediation is beneficial because it:
• Helps parents establish their own agreement about what is best for their child;
• Gives each parent an opportunity to express his or her views;
• Can save time and attorney fees;
• Promotes early and meaningful communication between parents; and
• Reduces conflict among all family members.
Who pays for mediation?
The court may divide any cost of these services between the parents.
Also, in the State of Missouri, every Circuit offers M.A.R.C.H. Mediation
What is March Mediation?
M.A.R.C.H. Inc. (Mediation Achieving Results for Children) is a state-wide nonprofit (501c3) that provides no-cost mediation and legal services to eligible families in Missouri to resolve disputes including custody, access and visitation, and financial support of children.
Where can I get more information?
The name and telephone numbers of mediators in your area may be available in the circuit clerk’s office in your local courthouse.